Hello From Las Vegas! – Well, throughout the fall, winter, and spring, we (here in Las Vegas), see social media postings when others have a warm weather streak. More often than not, it says “We’re warmer than Las Vegas!”
Looking at the weather this past weekend, I have a simple thought for many of you in the Midwest and Eastern regions of the United States: Don’t try this at home!
Leave it to those of us who are profssional Desert Dwellers. Those of us who walk out into super-hot weather and go… “Oh, not too bad today”.
As June turns into July, we’re 1/3 of the way through our three hot months. No trip on the horizon? As we always tell you, October is the absolute best month of the year to visit us. Not too hot, not too cold, light winds (which is not always the norm in other months, as we’re in the middle of a rugged desert), and very few kids and strollers.
You Still Have Time – Some of you got our email last week noting that we’re offering a special discount to our brand new and greatly enlarged membership program. If you’ve looked over all the details in the past, and simply skipped because you felt it wasn’t for you… don’t do yourself a disservice and skip checking out all of the new offerings!
We know that you not only want to save on your next visit, but we also KNOW that you want to be among the 1% best informed Las Vegas visitors (and be able to chuckle at all of the people around you here who don’t know everything you do).
We also KNOW that the internet is creating more BAD Las Vegas information than GOOD! We monitor lots of Las Vegas forums and groups (so that our members won’t have to waste their time, which alone makes the cost of the membership worth it). We’re in daily SHOCK at the amount of bad info out there. On stuff that can make or break your trip (and your wallet)!
We’re offering a 31% discount on our new, huge, greatly expanded membership — complete with exclusive access to the members area 24/7, jam packed with tons of helpful information for your next visit — but only through July 9. Simply click the link below to explore before this opportunity passes you by:
Booking The Right Seat On Your Flight – On a recent forum we monitor, someone asked where they should sit on the plane for a view of The Strip and/or Grand Canyon while flying in. People chimed in with all kinds of answers. Which just confused the situation. Why?
There is no CORRECT answer. People are telling you what happened on their trips. I’ve lived here 25 years and have landed and taken off in just about every direction.
The “calm wind” runway, IE, the one that gets used most of the time, is the runway where the planes land facing the west. Hence, sitting on the right side of the plane is generally your best bet.
That is, unless winds start to get over the 20 knots-per-hour speed. At that point, the airport will start to direct planes to the runway that is (as much as possible) facing into the winds. Landing facing the wind actually lowers the speed of the airplane upon touchdown, and creates the most safety cushion. Also, planes will NOT land on a runway that has more than 10 knots-per-hour of tailwind (wind coming from behind).
HOWEVER, Las Vegas is a very windy place and the winds can come from any direction. For example, if the wind is strong from the north, planes will take off and land facing north. Which makes the LEFT side of the plane have the view. If the wind is strong from the east, once again, the LEFT side of the plane will have the view.
Similar is true regarding seeing the Grand Canyon from the plane. It depends on where you are flying in from, and what approach (routing that can start a couple of hundred miles out) is in use. As a rule of thumb: When flying in from the South (Dallas, Atlanta, etc), the canyon will be on your right. But when flying in from the North (Salt Lake, Chicago, New York), it will be on your left. However, that is just a rule of thumb. Depending on the wind and air traffic routing, all bets can be off.
If you really want to geek out and watch a map of the airplanes flying in and out of Las Vegas (or anywhere else) in real time, we use and suggest Flight Radar 24. However, keep in mind that even if you are flying an airline where you get to pick your seat if you are early, how the planes are landing at that time does not mean that is how they will be landing when you land.
The odds are with you if you sit on the right side. However, like anything else in Las Vegas, it is a gamble!
The Cheapest (And Free) ATM Cash On The Strip – ATM’s on The Strip are getting out of hand. We’re hearing reports of up to $8 to withdraw cash at various casinos.
You can unlock this members-only article, which is likely to save you the entire cost of your membership, plus get access to hundreds of similar time and money savings tips plus much, much more! Simply become a member today for instant access. Click the link for a full list of benefits.
No obligation as we offer a 60 day money-back guarantee. Join NOW and save 31% during our 4th Of July sale!
Unfortunate Passings – We usually try to keep it happy here. However, I’d be remiss in mentioning a couple of local celebrity deaths:
– Pawn Star’s Richard “The Old Man” Harrison passed away at age 77 after battling Parkinson’s. Many years ago when the show was relatively new (and there were no lines), I was able to get this signed logo shot glass:
This member’s only article gives members our insider tips for 1. Avoiding the lines (at no cost) when you visit the
Pawn Stars shop and 2. How to meet Rick Harrison during your visit. And no, this isn’t some VIP deal. Rick enjoys meeting fans. At no cost. You just have to know when and where.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Distributor, Member Services: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Blink-182, a band that’s always seamlessly blurred the line between rock, punk and pop, kicked off their Kings of the Weekend residency at the newly renovated Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. The band put the new multi-million dollar sound system to the test, performing hit songs from their nearly 25-year history including “What’s My Age Again,” “First Date,” and “Dammit,”
- The Palms In Las Vegas Banks On Music, Art & A Nice View With $620M Renovation – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Two New Las Vegas Shows Give A Nod To Old-School Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Manilow Mania (And A Wrap) Coming To Westgate In Las Vegas – Click for Tickets
- Rod Stewart Won’t Stop Kicking Out The Fun At The Colosseum – Click for Tickets
- History® and Nitro Circus Partner With Caesars Palace To Celebrate 50th Anniversary of Evel Knievel’s Legendary Jump
When Wolfgang Puck’s legendary Spago opened 25 years ago in Las Vegas, the level of influence he and the restaurant would have on the city was unimaginable. The revolutionary restaurant is recognized for igniting Las Vegas’s dining scene into a culinary epicenter. Wolfgang’s relentless drive to transform continues today as the chef debuts the new Spago Las Vegas at Bellagio Resort & Casino
- 10 Great Airport Bars For A Perfect Cocktail – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Border Grill Forum Shops Las Vegas Brunch Review – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Beerhaus, The Park MGM – Las Vegas Review
- Anthony Bourdain Highlighted Las Vegas Restaurants, History In His Shows
- Hell’s Kitchen At Caesars Palace Is A Qualified Success – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 5 Great Spots To Go To In Las Vegas For Lobster – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
As if skydiving over the Grand Canyon didn’t already sound adrenaline racing enough, Paragon Skydive, the only company leading jumps outside of the national park, now wants to push you (and your instructor) out of an airplane at 18,000 feet (or basically as close to 18,000 feet above sea level as allowable by FAA regulations and local aircraft control) with their new Oxygen Jump, and who are you to argue?
Members Mania exclusive tips and answers are only available to paying subscribers. One of the many, many features of membership isthat Ted and his staff GUARANTEE to directly answer your Las Vegas questions (within reason, some things are simply to comprehensive to research). We then share some of the more popular questions/answers/tips with all members here in Members Mania!
A Wisconsin woman won a big jackpot — more than $1.4 million – on a Las Vegas slot machine, the casino’s owner tweeted Tuesday morning. Derek Stevens of the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino said the win was the “largest jackpot” in his career. His tweet included a photo of himself with the new millionaire, whom he identified only as “Rhonda L.”
The WNBA’s Las Vegas Aces today announced the team has signed free agent center Lady Liberty to an honorary contract for its inaugural season. Aces Head Coach and General Manager Bill Laimbeer recently presented Liberty with her official 75.5-foot tall jersey for all to see (and take selfies with) at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
- Candy Stores Sweet On Tourist Markets Like Las Vegas
- Get Married On A Self-Driving Shuttle In Las Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Liberace Mansion Is Glittery Piece Of Las Vegas History – Video – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Las Vegas Among Most Popular Places In US To Flip Houses – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Lyft Expands Driverless Car Service In Las Vegas
- Demand For Luxury Evident In Las Vegas Condo Market
- Tips From Doctors Could Keep You Out Of The Er On In Las Vegas
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
At the Bally’s Sterling Brunch in Las Vegas, the lobster is unlimited and so is the champagne. But you’ll pay for it: the price for this Sunday-only, all-you-can-eat lobster, filet mignon, caviar, and crab buffet is $105 per person.
Property walk through includes waking through The Park area leading to T-Mobile arena.
Review & Room Tour (South Tower Queen Room 1251) 30th March 2018
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Experience The Grand Canyon via Plane, Helicopter, Hiking (optional), and a Bar-B-Que! A true southwest experience!
See the Grand Canyon and experience the Skywalk without eating up your entire day by flying over and back
Experience Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, all of Vegas by helicopter, save $70!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Clash Of The Titans – Tribute to Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth & Anthrax – July 20 Click for Tickets
- Karla Perez – Tribute To Selena – July 26 Click for Tickets
- Colin Kane – July 27, Aug. 31 and Sept. 28 Click for Tickets
- Playboi Carti – July 29 Click for Tickets
- Atmosphere & J Boog – August 24 Click for Tickets
- Kenny Loggins – September 5-8 Click for Tickets
- Lauryn Hill – September 7 Click for Tickets
- Franco Escamilla – September 14-15 Click for Tickets
- Romeo Santos – September 15 Click for Tickets
- The Front Bottoms – October 4 Click for Tickets
- Dashboard Confessional & All Time Low – October 9 Click for Tickets
- Diana Rose – October 31, November 2-17 Click for Tickets
- Andy Grammer – November 6 Click for Tickets
- Thrice – November 16 Click for Tickets
- Ghost – November 17 Click for Tickets
- Rod Stewart – November 21- December 2 Click for Tickets
- Nickihndrxx Tour: Nicki Minaj & Future – November 24 Click for Tickets
- Florida Georgia Line – December 1-11 Click for Tickets
- Gary Allan – December 7 & 8 Click for Tickets
- Ray Romano and David Spade – December 21 – 22 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
Promo Code: 20AFF Required
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AFF Required
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
Promo Code: 20LICM Required
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Promo Code: TORAFF Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].