Hello From Las Vegas! – Well, the big news in these parts is that our NHL expansion team Golden Knights are headed to the Stanley Cup finals. Yes, yes, I get it. Hockey is a niche sport, and if you didn’t grow up around it, or you don’t live in an NHL city, you probably don’t care. I’ll have to admit — although I watched just about every game from the very first one here — I had a learning curve. I’m still trying to get used to having two halftimes!
However, they are our team. Born here in Las Vegas. For a transient city that so many dismiss as a plausible place to even live, it has done wonders for our community. Huge viewing parties drawing thousands of people have taken place outside the Red Rock, The D, and outside of the actual arena. (Due to the high-tech nature of the new arena, they can actually display the game on the side of the arena).
If you want to attend history, we have PRIME seats available for games in both cities. Note: I didn’t say they were cheap! This is a historic Stanley Cup finals. Head on over to Tickets.AccessVegas.com and see what is still available!
If the Golden Knights win the championship, sportsbooks are going to take a bath. The team was given odds of 500-1 chance to win it all before the season began, and plenty of people put money down. If nothing else, figuring the ticket would be a souvenir To put thing into perspective, a $20 bet at 500-1 will payoff $10,000. That is not a typo.
Must Do Before You Visit – As credit card companies continue to want to reduce their exposure to fraudulent charges, it is getting more and more likely that you’ll at least get a “Did you just spend this much in this location” text, if not having larger purchases declined altogether. (Plus, that text won’t do any good if you’re low on battery and have had to turn your phone off).
While seasoned travelers have been following this advice for years, we can’t overemphasize the importance of calling your credit card companies (the ones you’ll be using on the trip), and alerting them that you’ll be vacationing in a certain city on certain dates. It only takes a few minutes, and is far less of a hassle then just finishing a very expensive meal at one of our fine restaurants, only to be told your card is declined. (Which will result in you having to call the credit card anyway, answer security questions, and assure them thatyou are indeed making the charge).
Bonus Tip: Be Prepared For This Unexpected Charge – This additional tip, which gives you a heads-up to an unexpected major charge you need to be prepared for (and no, we’re not talking resort fees) is available in the members version of this issue. Enjoy instant access to this and all of our member benefits and features at Members.AccessVegas.com!
Barry Manilow Residency Tickets Now On Sale! – The ageless Manilow is pumped up about his return to Las Vegas, which will be at the Westgate (the previous Las Vegas Hilton, conveniently located from almost anywhere on The Strip via the monorail). We have great prices on tickets here: Barry Manilow Las Vegas Tickets
Outdoor Music Festivals Will Return To The Strip – Ever since the Oct. 1 shooting, no one has staged a major outdoor concert on The Strip. That will change on Sept. 22 when the iHeartRadio Daytime Stage show will take place on the Las Vegas Festival grounds, which are across from SLS(ahara). Given that the festival grounds are surrounded by the towers of the Hilton Grand Vacations, SLS, and Allure (condo), I have to imagine new precautions are being taken, and Metro (police) will have sharp-shooters on hand to immediately take out anyone who would try to recreate the Oct. 1 tragedy.
Feedback On Park MGM (former Monte Carlo) Pouring In – Before you consider staying at the “new” Park MGM, and paying what MGM Resorts plans to charge for rooms (or even deciding to take a comp there instead of another MGM property), here are the four things you MUST know:
This hot-off-the-press, timely tips regarding the new Park MGM hotel are available in the members version of this issue. Enjoy instant access to this and all of our member benefits and features at Members.AccessVegas.com!
Facebook Members Page Reminder – Just a note that members continue to be welcome in our new (and growing) Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/AccessVegasVibeMembers… Go there and click to request to join. It will ask you for the email address you get our member/newsletter notifications, which we will use to cross-reference and let you in.
I personally not only post the stories, but more often than not, add some commentary with additional advice, tips, or inside information you’re sure to value. You can use the link below selected stories in this issue to access my thoughts and member feedback on that particular story.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Distributor, Member Services: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Giada De Laurentiis, celebrity chef, was spotted attending Mat Franco – Magic Reinvented Nightly at The LINQ Las Vegas on March 24. De Laurentiss was seen enjoying the awe-inspiring performance of the twice-voted “Best Magic Show” in Las Vegas. Following the show, De Laurentiis and her family were treated to an exclusive VIP meet and greet with Mat Franco for photos and to express their enjoyment of the show.
The great American buffet — with its endless plates of prime rib, shrimp, pasta, pizza and more — is a tradition that originated in Las Vegas in 1946. Famed Las Vegas publicist Herb McDonald, who was a pioneering force behind El Rancho, the first hotel on the Las Vegas Strip, inadvertently created the nation’s first buffet by lining up a plate of sandwich fixings for hungry gamblers.
- 5 Restaurants Where You Can Get Las Vegas Prime Rib – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 25 Las Vegas Sandwiches to Eat Right Now – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- The Mob Museum’s New Speakeasy Lets You Imbibe in The Prohibition Era – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Michael Mina Bellagio Reopens With Global Seafood Experience
I crept along the rust-colored rock, carefully navigating jagged shelves and mini craters. Around me, the Aztec sandstone rose in stunning formations, as if an artist had created a copper jungle of boulders, using unfathomable balance and a good dose of flair.
- Mob Museum In Vegas Lets Visitors Play Police Officer – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 12 Things You Never Knew About The Las Vegas Sign – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Check Out This Antique Italian Gondola Near Las Vegas’ Faux Canals – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 10 Things You Didn’t know You Can Do In Las Vegas
- Trails Might Replace Southwest Las Vegas Valley Mine Shafts
- The Sphere Is Coming To Las Vegas, And It’s No Sci-Fi Tale
- Terrible Herbst To Open Large Travel Center in Southern Nevada – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Las Vegas As a Family Vacation Destination? Yes, If You Go Beyond The Strip – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Pawn Star’s Mark Hall-Patton presides Over Clark County Museum’s storytelling effort – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Las Vegas ‘Star Wars’ Attraction Hopes To Attract Locals – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Loving Las Vegas, From Its Glittering Strip To Its Alluring Desert
- Driving in Las Vegas Could Be The Most Fun You’ll Have On Your Next Visit
- Brain Food: First Time at The Grand Canyon
- Beyond The Vegas Strip: 3 Awesome Nevada Spots To Visit – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
So, I’m a pretty heavy Vegas user, but I’ve never stayed at Silverton Casino. My girlfriend wants to give it a go for a weekend for a change of pace.
Members have access to not only the complete scoop on The Silverton (and why it very well may be worth your time), plus insider tips on making the most of that area.
In addition, we tell you about the popular local watering hole in that area where you are highly likely to not only see Las Vegas Strip celebs and performers entertain (just for fun, in front of their colleagues and anyone else who walks through the door), but rub elbows with them as well.
You can have instant access to our now jam-packed members area, including access to our private, exclusive Facebook group where those of us in the know help our members and much, much more right now.
See you on the inside!
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at [email protected], and let us know, what YOU want to know!
The picture was of an AR-15 rifle mounted with a magnification scope and sitting atop bipod legs, perhaps because the murderous coward desired it to be further from the 32nd floor window so as to hide all the smoke and flashes.
- See What Kind Of Home $4 Million Buys You In Las Vegas (With Video) – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Hot Las Vegas Housing Market Picking Up, But Nowhere Near – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Passenger Traffic At McCarran Up Again In Latest Report, Officials Say
- Las Vegas MacDonald Highlands Estate Listed For $9.25 Million
- Batten Down The Hatches For High Winds, Below-Normal Temps
- Seven Months Later: Security In Las Vegas After The Mass Shooting
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) Tonight we took a trip to Treasure island located on the Las Vegas strip! Stopped by for a bite to eat at Gilleys Las Vegas, and ended up having shots at the Gilleys bar….Erica even rode the bull! Hope you enjoy! We played roulette, and explored most of the casino!
Four spots to grub in Downtown Las Vegas that you can’t miss. These are local’s places with locals prices, and literally a few minutes from the Fremont Street Experience.
If you wondered what happend to all of the lions at the MGM Grand’s lion exhibit, they are alive and well and on display to the public just a few minutes from the M Resort.
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Experience The Grand Canyon via Plane, Helicopter, Hiking (optional), and a Bar-B-Que! A true southwest experience!
See the Grand Canyon and experience the Skywalk without eating up your entire day by flying over and back
Experience Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, all of Vegas by helicopter, save $70!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Chon – May 24 Click for Tickets
- Pouya – May 30 Click for Tickets
- Ivy Queen & Jerry Rivera – May 31 Click for Tickets
- Carlos Daniels – June 7 Click for Tickets
- Jose Madero – June 9 Click for Tickets
- Steel Panther – June 8-July 27 Click for Tickets
- Ninja Sex Party – June 23 Click for Tickets
- Reik – June 30 Click for Tickets
- Local Brews Local Grooves – July 14 Click for Tickets
- Retro Futura Tour – July 21 Click for Tickets
- Brett Young – August 17 Click for Tickets
- Queen + Adam Lambert – September 1-22 Click for Tickets
- Jerry Seinfeld – September 7-8 Click for Tickets
- Jimmy Eat World – September 13 Click for Tickets
- Zac Brown Band – September 21 Click for Tickets
- J Balvin – September 28 Click for Tickets
- Amorphis, Dark Tranquility & Moonspell – September 27 Click for Tickets
- Drake & Migos – October 5-6 Click for Tickets
- Chief Keef – October 6 Click for Tickets
- Sebastian Maniscalco – October 7 Click for Tickets
- Cafe Tacvba – October 19 Click for Tickets
- Simple Minds – October 21 Click for Tickets
- Phil Collins – October 27 Click for Tickets
- Christina Aguilera – October 27 Click for Tickets
- Lil Xan – November 18 Click for Tickets
- Rodney Carrington – December 6 – 15 Click for Tickets
- Van Morrison – Jan 25-Feb 2 Click for Tickets
- P!NK – April 12, 2019 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
Promo Code: 20LICM Required
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Promo Code: TORAFF Required
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
Promo Code: 20AFF Required
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AFF Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].