Hello From Las Vegas! – The “Don’t Visit Las Vegas” dam is finally starting to break. The State of New York could no longer ignore the kinds of data, graphs, and information I’ve been noting here for weeks now.
I’m not posting any new graphs this week. Why? Because they look identical to the graphs from previous weeks! Oh, except to say we have not seen new cases/hospitalizations/deaths this low since (drum roll please)…
Around the end of MARCH. And in some cases lower. You remember March, don’t you? Way back when there was only starting to be talk of drastic measures, flattening the curve, etc.
Bars To Reopen – We have it on good authority that our Governor will be opening the bartops soon. The ones where you can drink booze, and play video poker. Currently, countertops where you dine at are allowed. But if that countertop is for liquor service and gambling, it must be sure to be something that spreads COVID-19, and no dice.
No, it doesn’t make any sense to us either. Nor to the entire bar and gaming industry. Interestingly enough, Governor Sisolak was caught on video dining at an Italian restaurant that had live music playing. However, live show and music events are not currently allowed. So, Governor Sisolak’s damage control consisted of noting that ambient background music is OK, but concerts and such are NOT.
Remember, the Fremont Street Experience still does not have their nightly three stages of live music. Because, it isn’t allowed. Important to note that as an outdoor venue, they attempted to restart this music a couple of months ago. With social distancing. Including markings noting how far apart people should stand. Governor Grumpy was like “Hell No”, and that was the end of that.
I suppose a band could book a banquet hall, do a “dinner show” as the “house band”, and all would be fine? Maybe not. Because no more than 50 people are allowed at a church gathering, Evangelicals For Trump booked a banquet hall. Circular table seating, not a concert or speech set-up. After all, hotel and banquet gatherings are allowed at 50% of capacity. Oops. The hotel owner got fined.
This isn’t about whether you love God or Trump. This is just a small sample of the ever-changing goal line, ever changing rules, and general poor communication. You know… the biggest industry in the State of Nevada. This is not whether the Governor has a D or an R behind his name. The gaming industry cares about the gaming business over political party. He should have an I behind his name. No, not for Independent. For Incompetent.
Members Benefits Housekeeping – With so many new to the classroom (thanks for your support), this is a good time to do some housekeeping regarding ALL of the Members Benefits. Also, to clear up the occasional misconception that we’re simply a Facebook Group or that being part of Facebook is required to get all benefits.
Members Benefits Include:
– Access Vegas Insider Vibe MEMBERS EDITION – That is our twice-monthly newsletter you are reading now. Those on our email list, but who are not Supporting (Paid) Members receive a version that has most of the real scoop, accurate “need to know” stuff, key commentary, and Members Mania (answers to Members questions) redacted.
I can say without a doubt that non-members miss out on far more value than the “price of a cup of coffee” each month we ask you to support our work and our team with.
– Members Only Special Reports – We have 12 Exclusive Special Reports in the Members area. This is information that you will NOT find in general internet searches. Not every report will apply to every Member. However, virtually all of our Members have found that a number of them are of great interest and help! Many noting that just the vital help gained in those reports is worth the yearly cost of membership alone.
– “Your Guy In Vegas” Special Access – Spending hours searching Las Vegas information on the internet may (or may not) be fun. The problems are…
1. Is the advice you are finding accurate? Much/Most information on the internet comes from sources outside Las Vegas! Ya… good luck with that.
2. That doesn’t mean the info you are looking for is suitable for YOUR interests and tastes. Just because a group of March Madness guys really enjoyed a certain steakhouse and wrote favorably about it, does NOT mean it will be the right choice for you and that special person in your life to have a romantic meal.
Our Supporting (Paid) Members don’t waste their time on endless searches and questionable information. Our “Your Guy In Vegas” form in the membership area allows Members to submit specific questions to our knowledgeable staff. In the rare case we don’t know the answer, we usually know who does. 25 years in the business, right here in Las Vegas, gives you lots of contacts!
And, our answers are not canned, “off the cuff” remarks. We’ll often ask for more details or specifics to help our Members make the best decisions possible. If they are asking about a steakhouse, we’re not going to send the same people to CUT as we’d send to Golden Steer.
– 150+ Indexed Vegas Tips – If you run through these, and spend some downtime before your next visit, you are assured to find some great Vegas tips that you simply didn’t know about! Knowledge is power. You spend a LOT of money visiting. Saving time or doing things a slightly better way saves you hard-earned cash, and increases the joy and excitement of your visit.
– (Optional) Members-Only Private Facebook Group – IF you are a Facebook kind of person, we have a group you can join. If you are NOT a Facebook person, have no worries. ALL that we talk about and post goes in our twice-monthly exclusive Members newsletter. No Facebook? No worries. You won’t miss a thing!
However, IF you enjoy Facebook, we post the info and news stories over there as well, so you can add your two cents, and interact with other Members. We read all comments and interact here and there as well. This is for Facebook users who want an added dose of Vegas. If getting our twice-monthly Members newsletter is enough for you, and the perfect frequency for you to keep up on Vegas, no need to join whatsoever.
This issue only:
We’re bringing back the Coupon Promo Code ACCESS2020, which will save you 20% on a full year’s membership. As always, backed up by our 60-Day, Money-Back Guarantee. You literally have nothing to lose, and a nice chunk of change to save. If you get on board now.
Travel restrictions are falling, COVID numbers in Las Vegas are beyond microscopic, the bars will be opening shortly (by the time you are likely to get here, that’s for sure), and you need to be on top of what to expect, and how things really are!
“Ted, I’ve heard enough. 60 days to look it over sounds good to me!”
I want to get back to Vegas! If that is you, please go straight to our
and enter the Coupon Code ACCESS2020 to lock in a full year at the price of a cup-of-coffee per month.
“Ted, sounds good, but I’d like to know a little more.”
Not a problem. Please head over to Members.AccessVegas.com and read ALL of the amazing details of what Membership gets you. Don’t forget Coupon Code ACCESS2020 as we’re sure you’ll like what you see.
Hope You Are Enjoying This Issue!
Global megastar and eight-time GRAMMY® Award-winner Usher will headline a Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, opening July 16, 2021. The multi-talented showman will give his fans an extraordinary immersive experience that only Usher can deliver. The exclusive, only-in-Vegas spectacular will be performed in The Colosseum, an intimate 4,300-seat world-class performance venue, allowing Usher’s fans a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see him up close and personal.
- Uncertainty Continues For Vegas Strip Entertainers Amid Pandemic
- Remembering Elvis – A Look Back At ‘The King’ In Las Vegas
- The Loss Of ‘Le Rêve’ Is A Heartbreaking Sign Of The Times
- MSG Sphere Pushes Back Opening Date – Supply Issues, Coronavirus Pandemic Blamed For Delay
- Siegfried recalls Roy’s final words, wishes as duo honored at Mirage
- Las Vegas Tavern Frustrated Over Rules Regarding Live Entertainment
- The Las Vegas entertainment industry lights up Las Vegas for Red Alert Restart
The Prime Rib and Champagne Brunch at the South Point’s Garden Buffet is now staff served for your safety. Enjoy bottomless Mimosas throughout your meal. You can choose from fresh made to order Omelets, Waffles, Fluffy Pancakes and French Toast, a Carving Station for Prime Rib, Herb Roasted Turkey Breast, Smoked Pork Ribs and Rotisserie Chicken.
- Ahern Hotel Las Vegas Quietly Opens Top-Notch Italian Steakhouse
- Mexican Food Reaches New Heights At Javier’s In Las Vegas At Aria
- Get Chilly In Vegas With Icebar
- Here Are Las Vegas’ Top 3 Traditional American Spots
- Visitor Spending, Tipping Down In Las Vegas Amid Pandemic
- Wolfgang Puck’s Restaurant Cut Shines In Las Vegas
- Carson Kitchen Is A Downtown Las Vegas Favorite
- Robot Servers Ready to Overtake a New Hot Pot Restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip
- COVID Has Transformed Las Vegas’ Glamorous Restaurants
- East Coast Favorite Shake Shack Is A Hit In Las Vegas
- Virgin Hotels reveals restaurant partners for Las Vegas location
- Downtown Las Vegas Property To Become A New Food, Retail Destination
When the Mirage reopens this week after more than five months of COVID-caused closure, it will do so without the feature that has set the iconic resort apart from other Strip casinos in recent years—a truly eclectic portfolio of live entertainment options.
- Virgin Hotel Opening Date Might Be Delayed – Coronavirus Impact On Visitation, Conventions Cited
- Marijuana Dispensary Drive-thru Windows Approved For Clark County
- Video Vault – Excalibur Las Vegas debuts to ‘family friendly’ fanfare 30 years ago
- Park MGM Could Reopen on the Las Vegas Strip on October 1
- Resorts & Casinos That Remain Closed In The Las Vegas Valley Due To The COVID-19 Pandemic
- Mirage Resort & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip Reopens with several changes – PHOTOS
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Announces World-Class Restaurant Partners
- Westgate Las Vegas Resort and Casino – An ideal base for exploring Vegas
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas – Visit Vegas in the lap of luxury
They say nature can heal, and we could all use some of that right now. Perhaps more than ever in our lifetime, it’s important to get outside, breathe fresh air and let Earth’s natural beauty calm our minds. Here in Southern Nevada, those opportunities are endless, whatever direction you head.
Pulling a slot machine is more luck than skill, but many people can’t resist the allure of getting rich fast. Las Vegas is home to over 165,000 slot machines, according to UNLV’s Center for Gaming Research.
Note From Ted:
Members Mania is a regular feature for our Supporting (Paid) Members. Membership includes our “Your Guy In Vegas” feature, where you can reach out to myself and our paid staff of experts with your specific Vegas questions. We don’t have “canned” answers. We’ll ask you for some details pertaining you your wants and needs. Then, answer accordingly.
So.. Terry Fator is no longer a headliner at the Mirage? He had a good run.. GREAT show! Saw him 4 times over the past years.
From our Membership Facebook Page
For our Supporting (Paid) Members, we go into if and when Fator will return, Fator’s future plans, and when they can look for him.
Whether it has been accurate information on exactly what is happening in Las Vegas, accurately letting our Members know what to expect as Las Vegas reopened, specific information they NEED to know for their next visit which we answer via our “Your Guy In Vegas“ Membership benefit, or more…
Investing less than $3 per month (paid yearly) with our Access Vegas Insider Vibe Membership Program is the ultimate way to hedge the thousands you spend on your Las Vegas vacation. Especially as you are needing the best information now (more than ever) as you decide exactly when you can or should start to think about your return visit after the COVID upheaval.
The casinos don’t fund us. No cause or political party funds us. We are nearly 100% Member-Supported. Invest in a One-Year Membership TODAY!
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at [email protected], and let us know, what YOU want to know!
A new ESPN studio debuted August 24 at the Linq with produced segments for SportsCenter and digital platforms, the network and Caesars Entertainment said.
- Allegiant Stadium Becomes Raiders’ New Fortress on the Las Vegas Skyline – Located near the Strip, the venue has the latest in control room technology
- Ellis Island Gets Boost From Hockey Crowd At Front Yard Beer Garden
- Ultra-exclusive Shadow Creek In Las Vegas Is Getting A PGA Tour Event
- Treasure Island debuts Golden Circle Sportsbook and Bar
Their names lit up The Mirage marquee for nearly 14 years. Now their names will lead guests into the resort forever. As The Mirage reopens its doors to the public today, guests will turn off the Las Vegas Strip onto Siegfried & Roy Drive when they arrive at the property. The street was officially renamed for the Masters of Illusion, who were known the world over for their record-setting performance run at the resort from 1990-2003.
- Cheetah’s Strip Club, of “Showgirls” Fame, Officially Done
- Wynn Las Vegas Offers Virtual Learning Program For Children Of Employees
- Vegas Airport Seeing More Passengers After Pandemic Plunge
- Travelers Left Behind Over $44K At Las Vegas Airport In 2019, According To TSA Report
- Delta, American Join United In Dropping Most US Change Fees – Fees Can Be As High As $200
- 7 Weird Attractions to See in Las Vegas
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) Walk with us and explore Harrah’s Casino. We also went into Casino Royale.
If you’ve kept hearing about Battiostas but weren’t sure about going, this is worth a watch.
(Producers Notes) The COVID-19 pandemic is ushering in some new ways to enjoy your favorite casino. Developers say cashless gaming has been in the works for years, but with all the new health protocols, it’s quickly growing in popularity on casino floors.
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club Tickets
Save up to $20 Off!
Promo Code JKAFF Required
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AF Required
Save up to 35% Off!
Promo Code CHAT2 Required
WOW-The Vegas Spectacular Tickets
Get 25% Off Preferred Seating!
Promo Code: WOWAFF Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].