AccessVegas.com Insider Vibe
Serving Las Vegas Visitors and Residents Since 1999
Welcome to the Insider Vibe! This is the official newsletter of AccessVegas.Com. We talk about the Las Vegas activities you really care about.
Need to contact us? Send feedback to
Missed an issue? Click to Read Back Issues Online.
AccessVegas.com Quick Info Menu:
Las Vegas Essentials
Las Vegas Events
Cinco De Mayo and Mother’s Day
- Cinco De Mayo Specials: Fat Bar – Burgers Marry Booze On WorldÆs Busiest Street
- Rice & Company Spices Things Up For Cinco De Mayo With Sushi And Cocktail Pairing
- Mandarin Oriental Provides The Ultimate MotherÆs Day Brunch At MOzen Bistro
- Delicious Seasonal Fare Awaits Mom This MotherÆs Day At Comme Ãa
- Hash House A Go Go Announces MotherÆs Day Specials
- A Special MotherÆs Day Feast Awaits Moms At JW Marriott And Rampart
- Bring One Photo, See Fifty: National Geographic Exhibition Offers Special Discount For MotherÆs Day May 6-12
Las Vegas Shows, Headliners, And Concerts
Peepshow At Planet Hollywood Celebrates Four Years – VegasÆ only striptease spectacular featuring the sexiest performers, Peepshow at Planet Hollywood celebrated four successful years on the Strip on April 19. Peepshow cast members including headliner Coco Austin, Josh Strickland and Cheaza were on-hand to partake in the showÆs achievement with sparkly, baby blue cupcakes and cake pops provided by CupKates by Kate.
PBR Rock Bar Hosts Last Cowboy Standing Official Party Weekend – Rodeo fans will celebrate the Professional Bull Riders æLast Cowboy StandingÆ event at PBR Rock Bar & Grill inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino from Wednesday, May 8, until Saturday, May 11.
PBR Rock Bar and Professional Bull Riders will team up for Last Media Standing, a charity bull riding competition, on Wednesday, May 8. Local celebrities and media personalities will saddle up for the chance to win a $2,500 donation to the charity of their choice.
- Full story/details/info: Last Cowboy Standing Official Party Weekend
- Buy Tickets Now: Professional Bull Riders
- Then There Were Four – Million Dollar Quartet channels rockÆs pioneer spirit
- Million Dollar Quartet – The unheralded originator
- Public House At Luxor Saddles Up For PBR Specials
- ‘Flirty, not dirty’ ‘Pin Up’ good for the ears
- Hickory dickory dock, Diceman still trying to shock
- Shaking You All Night – Naughty revue rocks downtown with hot girls and music
- The newest Scinta talks about her role in the long-running family variety act
Gambling And Gaming
Las Vegas Live TV – Great Casino Slots – Introduction: Join renowned Las Vegas gaming author Victor Royer in this new series which will walk you through the secrets of the newest and hottest slot machines. Enjoy this introduction video!
- My Husband Made Me Lose a Jackpot!
- Bond, James Bond and That Special 17 On The Roulette Wheel
- Gambling: Trends, Trends, and More Trends
- Online poker returns to U.S. as first legal site launches in Las Vegas
Dining In Las Vegas
Central Michel Richard At Caesars Palace Celebrates National Hamburger Day – Central Michel Richard at Caesars Palace will kick off summer with delicious burger specials for National Hamburger Day on Tuesday, May 28.
Executive Chef Todd HarringtonÆs delicious burger creations will be $5 off all day, available exclusively for the burger celebration. Creative burgers include the chicken burger, served with curry aioli and caramelized onions; certified Angus beef burger served with shallot aioli, bacon and cheese; and the Ahi tuna burger served with ginger aioli.
- Full story/details/info: National Hamburger Day At Central Michel Richard
Chef Emeril Lagasse’s Restaurants Celebrate Soft Shell Crab Week – Three of Chef Emeril Lagasse’s Las Vegas restaurants — Delmonico Steakhouse, Table 10, and Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House — have created special lunch and dinner dishes using fresh soft shell crabs in a weeklong celebration of the seafood, May 6-12, 2013. From sautÚed to pan-fried, cornmeal crusted on salads or crispy on New Orleans French bread, soft shell crab will be the highlight of three to four unique entrees at each of the restaurants.
- Full story/details/info: Chef Emeril Lagasse’s Restaurants Celebrate Soft Shell Crab Week
- Local foodies indulge at Las Vegas Foodie Fest (with video)
- Bite Into New Menu Items At Slice Of Vegas
- Jimmy BuffettÆs Margaritaville Pays Homage To An American Classic For National Hamburger Day During May 2013
- Eiffel Tower Restaurant Brings the Brunch at Paris
- At Park on Fremont, Great Ambiance, Sad, Sad Food
- Dry signature dishes at Meatball Spot a disappointing surprise
- On The Vegas Strip, Get Ready For 800 Degrees Times Two
- A Sophisticated Flow – Fin makes a splash with traditional Chinese offerings
Las Vegas Hotels
Nobu Hotel Restaurant And Lounge Caesars Palace Celebrates Official Opening – The sake was flowing and music was rocking in celebration of the debut of the worldÆs first Nobu Hotel Restaurant and Lounge at Caesars Palace. Nobu Hospitality partners including Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Robert De Niro, Meir Teper, Trevor Horwell and Struan McKenzie joined Caesars Palace in marking the completion and introduction of one of the hottest new boutique hotels featuring 181 rooms including 18 luxury suites. The highlight of the weekend was a traditional Japanese Sake Ceremony and party on Sunday, April 28 with a special musical performance by Grammy nominated singer/songwriter Ed Sheeran poolside at the Garden of The Gods complex at Caesars Palace.
Robert De Niro and partner Chef Nobu Matsuhisa toast at the Sake Ceremony to celebrate the grand opening of Nobu Hotel Caesars Palace. Ethan Miller/Getty Images
- Full story/details/info: Nobu Hotel Celebrates Official Opening
- What makes the perfect Las Vegas casino?
- Gold Coast Hotel and Casino Review With Photos
- A Night At Nobu Hotel inside Caesars Palace
Las Vegas Daylife And Nightlife
SHe By MortonÆs Launchs “Fabrik Fridays” – A Celebration Of Style, Music, And Women – SHe by MortonÆs will launch ôFabrik Fridaysö with a fashion show featuring the designs of R+D Hipster Emporium Friday, May 10. A celebration of style, music and women, the new weekly promotion will treat guests to three fashion shows at 7 p.m., 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. and will feature live DJ sets, entertainers, tasty fare and Bacardi drink specials.
During the event, SHe will feature five cocktails, priced at $9 each. Drink selections include:
- Full story/details/info: SHe By MortonÆs Launchs “Fabrik Fridays”
Golden Nugget Offers Sizzling Summer Deals On Cabanas And Day Beds – The summer is almost here, and the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino invites you to experience the VIP treatment first-hand by reserving one of our luxurious, private cabanas or day beds. High above the award-winning Tank pool, sit back and relax with some of our signature cocktails while mingling with friends and family.
Whether youÆre a sun seeker who enjoys soaking up the desert rays or relaxing in the shade, our cabanas and day beds have something everyone can enjoy at both the Hideout and Tank pools.
- Full story/details/info: Golden Nugget’s Deals On Cabanas And Day Beds
- Vegas Uncork’d By The Numbers! Here’s a hint… 84 Michelin Stars
- Vegas Uncork’d By The Numbers! Here’s a hint… 84 Michelin Stars
- Best Pools in Las Vegas (with photos)
- Commonwealth Introduces Summertime Specials With Cocktails Of The Month
- The brew crew: A guide to the Las Vegas craft beer scene
- [Vegas] considers banning glass bottles on the Strip
- Celebrities help ring in grand opening of Hakkasan Nightclub
More Las Vegas News
Virgin America & Sir Richard Branson Celebrate New Flights LAX To Las Vegas – Virgin America, the award-winning domestic airline known for its upscale service and hip, mood-lit new aircraft, celebrated the launch of its newest route from Los Angeles International Airport to Las VegasÆ McCarran International Airport with a red carpet bash at The Chandelier inside The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
To begin the festivities, Virgin Group Founder Sir Richard Branson toasted Virgin AmericaÆs inaugural flight during a gate reception hosted by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority and The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas at McCarran International Airport. Guests included Virgin America President and CEO David Cush, Adrienne Maloof, singer Joe Jonas, and actresses Jaime Pressly and Krysten Ritter.
- Full story/details/info: New Flights LAX To Las Vegas
- Hotter temperatures on the way (with video) (with video)
- Racers to trek messy obstacles in Vegas Mad Mud Run (with video) (with video)
- Cab company demands retraction to state “long-hauling” findings (with video)
- Free WiFi Headed To Downtown Vegas
- Las Vegas air quality gets “F” in 2013 report
- Nevada farmer turns casinosÆ leftovers into feast fit for pigs
- Bail set at $460K for alleged pimp in Vegas case
- Couple shells out $3.9 million for unfinished Las Vegas penthouse
- æI doÆ in a giant fish tank
- Ever get the feeling the Las Vegas cab industry is long-hauling regulators?
- VegasChatter’s 2013 Downtown Vegas Guide
- Vegas Photo Tip #3: Getting Yourself in the Picture
Top Tickets For All United States Events
Did you know that we not only sell premium concert and event tickets for Las Vegas, but also for the entire United States as well? If you can’t make it to Vegas, treat yourself to some great seats for something near you:
V – The Ultimate Variety Show by Guy Chapman
V – The Ultimate Variety Show: An Evening Of Excitement, Thrills, And Comedy – With so many shows on the Strip that focus on elaborate costumes, orchestrated musical scores and cutting edge special effects, itÆs nice to see a show that really goes back to variety show foundations in covering solid entertainment in its purest form. For an evening of excitement, thrills, and comedy, show-goers will get to experience a truly fun outing in “V – The Ultimate Variety Show” at the V Theater in the Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino.
- Read Entire V – The Ultimate Variety Show Review
- V – The Ultimate Variety Show Las Vegas tickets, video, and info
Newkirk’s Notes – comments on Las Vegas from AccessVegas.Com publisher Ted Newkirk:
Ted is collaborating this week on new features which we’ll be introducing soon. He’ll return next issue. We hope you are enjoying this issue prepared by staff.
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
What We’re Watching – Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Living In Las Vegas #186: Is Moving To Las Vegas a Mistake? – On this episode of Living In Las Vegas, Scott and Melissa Whitney debate whether moving to Vegas was the right decision. This is a must-watch for anyone thinking (or even dreaming) about moving and living here!
- Bobby Flay’s Mesa Grill Restaurant at Caesars Palace – In this behind the scenes look at Bobby Flay’s photo shoot at Caesars Palace, the celebrity chef talks about the excitement around the opening of his Mesa Grill restaurant in Las Vegas’ most iconic casino. The Iron Chef also talks about the special ingredients that give the Southwestern food at Mesa Grill the tongue-tingling, bold flavors that keep guests coming back for more.
- Rock ‘N’ Roll Fantasy Camp at MGM Grand – Gene Simmons, Sebastian Bach, Zakk Wylde, David Fishof, Sammy Hagar, Jeff Skunk Baxter, Dave Navarro, Roger Daltrey on MGM Grand’s MLIfe explain the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp experience. For more information visit rockcamp.com or call 888.762.2263
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
No related links found