Hello From Las Vegas! – June has been generally kind when it comes to the weather. With a couple of exceptions, we’ve been around 100F the entire month. We jump to 110F briefly later this week before getting back down to a seasonal 104F. For all the talk of people how Las Vegas is 115F everyday in the summer, the reality is that both July and August average just over 100F. That according to readings taken at the airport, which (as most of you know) is very close to The Strip!
Stay Hydrated, My Friends – The Dos Equis guy may have made famous the phrase “Stay Thirsty, My Friends”. However, that is the last thing you want to happen in Las Vegas. Especially on The Strip where the distances are so great. (Downtown on Fremont Street, you are never more than a few minutes from any casino to a sundry store where cheap water is plentiful).
Obviously, if you plan carefully, you can grab water at the pharmacies on The Strip, or from the street vendors selling bottled water. However, if you are in the middle of one of the huge Strip casinos, your options get a bit more thin. You can hunt down the gift shop, where it still isn’t going to be super-cheap. You can buy water from a bar, where they will sell you a tiny bottle for many dollars. You may even take an empty glass and stick it under the warm/hot water that comes from the restroom faucets.
Every year we remind members of a better option. And, because hydration is so important and we don’t want anyone getting ill, we’re suggesting another option:
Go up to a bar with $1 in your hand, and as you place it on the other side of the bar (like you do when you tip), say “Can I please get an ice water in a pint glass, filled halfway with ice?” They get $1 for doing 10 seconds worth of work, and you don’t die of thirst!
Also, if you are asking for a drink while playing, it is perfectly acceptable to ask for a bottle of water at the same time. Just remember to tip and extra $1. Most don’t realize that!
We have a couple hundred similar tips neatly organized in our Members Area. Just a few of them will be more valuable than the price of membership, and help you have your best Las Vegas vacation every the next time you visit. Plus, access is now INSTANT!
No More Rio Seafood Buffet – In our members edition, we go over this recent change, and suggest where you might want to go instead.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Distributor, Member Services: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Stevie Wonder is bringing his song party to the Strip. He has even named it such. The legendary singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist is playing five shows at The Park Theater on Aug. 3, 4, 8, 10 and 11.
- Killer Views Of Las Vegas Await At This New Boutique Nightclub – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- The 17 Hottest Concerts Hitting Las Vegas This Summer – Click for Tickets
- Fanilows Quickly Snap Up Tickets To Barry Manilow Las Vegas Residency – Click for Tickets
- Coming Soon To Las Vegas: Stevie Wonder To Play Park MGM And Van Morrison To Play Caesars – Click for Tickets
When you think of sharks and Las Vegas, you probably think of card games and people – not the animal. But with the arrival of Palms Casino Resort’s new bar, that association might change. As part of its $620-million renovation, the hotel recently unveiled a massive art collection with works loaned by owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta. In addition to new pieces from contemporary artists, visitors can see works from heavyweights like Jean-Michel Basquiat, Andy Worhol and Takashi Murakami.
On Saturday, May 5, one Lawrenceburg, Ind. resident won big during the fifth annual Marquee Millionaire Slot Tournament at M Resort Spa Casino. After three rounds of tournament play, the lucky Marquee Rewards member, Richard Ideker, ended up with the highest cumulative score to become the winner of $1 million.
It’s easy to take museums for granted. Or, worse, to think of them just as warehouses for stuff from the past. But the best museums do more than display objects. They use exhibits, artifacts and interactive displays to tell a story, whether that story is about mobsters, prehistoric monsters or, even, spooky spirits.
- Beyond The Vegas Strip: 3 Awesome Nevada Spots To Visit – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 8 Things To Do In Las Vegas That Aren’t Total Tourist Traps – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Grab Your Cameras: New Sign Coming To Downtown Las Vegas – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Five Little Known Facts About The Wildlife Habitat At Flamingo Las Vegas
- High-Tech, Sphere-Shaped Arena Coming To Las Vegas Strip
We’re thinking of taking a trip from Las Vegas to Laughlin? What’s the best way to get there?
Members Mania is one of the many, many features for paid subscribers. We went into detail — both for Kelly and for our paid subscribers — the ins and outs of visiting Laughlin.
What the drive is like (including prepping for the drive, and available stops), a certain spot on the trip to be very careful about (and why), what to expect about Laughlin, and details on two highly-recommended side trips in the general area.
We’re continuing to deliver for our members month-in, and month-out. (Twice monthly, actually). Join us over on the other side where you’ll have instant access to tons of archives, a huge organized list of Las Vegas tips (many exclusive to our members), and much, much more:
We’ll see you on the inside!
Every NBA team is headed to Las Vegas this summer. The league announced Tuesday that for the first time, all 30 teams will play in Las Vegas at NBA Summer League. The NBA is also adding an extra day to the schedule for the event, which this year will run from July 6-17 at UNLV.
- Virgin Atlantic Is Adding Nonstop Service Between Las Vegas And Heathrow – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- 5 Steps To A Perfectly Packed Suitcase – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- $4.5M Queensridge Penthouse Was Owned By Rich Little – Video – Members: Read Ted’s Take on this story, and add your own comment or question for us
- Map Of Where To Go If You Are Injured In Las Vegas
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
So you want to take a one day tour to the Grand Canyon. Do you go to the West Rim or do you go to the South Rim? What’s the difference?
(Producers Notes Take a tour of Mandalay Bay with us…we got spotted by a pit boss and dealer…they called us out! We got a kick out of it!
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
Experience The Grand Canyon via Plane, Helicopter, Hiking (optional), and a Bar-B-Que! A true southwest experience!
See the Grand Canyon and experience the Skywalk without eating up your entire day by flying over and back
Experience Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, all of Vegas by helicopter, save $70!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- The Original Wailers – September 8 Click for Tickets
- Hair Nation: Jack Russell’s Great White, The Bulletboys & Enuff Znuff – September 20 Click for Tickets
- Lee Brice – September 28 Click for Tickets
- Sublime with Rome – September 29 Click for Tickets
- Social Distortion – October 26 Click for Tickets
- Celine Dion – October 30-January 20 Click for Tickets
- Justin Timberlake – December 1 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Donny & Marie Tickets
Get 25% Off!
Promo Code: 20AFF Required
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AFF Required
Legends In Concert Tickets
Save $20 Off All Price Levels!
Promo Code: 20LICM Required
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Tenors of Rock Tickets
Save Up To $20 Off!
Promo Code: TORAFF Required
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].