Hello From Las Vegas! – If it seems like you just heard from me, you did. However, we have important news, which we’ll break down in the effort to continue to help you decide whether you want to visit Las Vegas in 2-3 weeks, 2-3 month, or 2-3 years.
Governor Grumpy Whistles A Different Tune – I’m not sure whether the governor’s staff are readers or not. However, somebody got through to him with exactly the concerns I stated last issue (members edition linked here).
During the Q&A with the press, he even admitted that closing down all the bars when only 20% were out of compliance might have not been the best idea. So… He HAS let bars open in a few smaller counties. (Bartops specifically, if a bar or restaurant serves food, you can waltz on in, get a table, and drink to your heart’s content). More importantly, we have reason to believe that he’ll be allowing bars in Reno and Las Vegas to open sooner than later. (I’d peg it at 7-10 days).
He’s ditching “phases” that apply to the whole state, or entire industries in favor of heavy enforcement, fines, and even closing specific non-compliant businesses. Including casinos.
What’s That Going To Mean To You? – In the Supporting (Paid) Members version of this issue, we get quite in-depth with the following:
– How strict is mask enforcement, where and/or when, what to expect, what you may (or may not) find acceptable, and a thought at when that restriction may be lifted.
– Where we suggest staying right now. Unlike normal times when Las Vegas is 100% open and everything is hopping, being in the know will help you experience Vegas more in the manner you are used to!
– Is Vegas really dead or depressing (as some of the social media and forum group doomsayers are trying to convince everyone)? We tell (and show) what is really going on so you can make an informed decision on whether to visit soon. Or not. Everyone has different expectations.
– Conventions are canceling through early 2021. No, not because they know something everyone else does not. Convention lead times are months and months and months, and they don’t know how allowed huge gathering will be and when. What does this mean for the casual visitor? Important factors to look for, so you can book in your favor, and save even more.
Just A Reminder: Before you gamble your hard-earned money on your next Vegas Visit, you can still “hedge your bet” and let us keep you in the loop with real info and real data. Not crazy internet rumors. We’re members-supported so the only people we care about are our Supporting (Paid) Members. Not the casinos!
We’re still leaving the Coupon Code 5NOW working, which gets the price down to a ridiculously low $2.48 per month (paid yearly), with our full 60-Day money-back guarantee.
Coupon Code At Checkout: 5NOW
So far this year, NOBODY has asked for their money back after subscribing. Instead, the compliments continue to roll in. We’ve been in business since 1997. We must be doing something right!
About three weeks ago, many of the Facebook and other groups were full of a “Vegas will be closing by the end of the week” rumor. People ate it up, repeated it, and many canceled their trips. So much so that MGM pushed back the openings of Mirage and Park MGM!
Except… there was no evidence nor reason to close Las Vegas. Nor did it. Enforcement on the few casinos (statewide) which were not in compliance were threatened with closure (individual closure, not state-wide) if they didn’t shape up. And, the info in the national media has been horribly inaccurate.
Is relying on spending hours trying to ferret out info before you decide about your next visit, all-the-while unsure about the accuracy? Our Members don’t have those worries. Couple of bucks a month saves them time, stress, and money:
Coupon Code At Checkout: 5NOW
How Are Our Members Benefiting? A couple of weeks ago, a Member asked us when Park MGM was reopening. We didn’t simply confirm the August 6 date to them (which we knew). We ALSO gave them the thought that they may want to book another MGM property which was already open. Just in case the Park MGM opening date got pushed back.
Guess what, it did! So, if the Member followed the advice they asked us for using our Your Guy In Vegas Membership benefit, they are booked somewhere instead of having to get re-booked with limited control. Is that kind of help worth a couple bucks a month? Many think so!
Bonus: We reminded them that Park MGM is reopening (when they do), Smoke Free. That might be important to a few people, one way or the other!
Coupon Code At Checkout: 5NOW
Eldorado Owns Caesars – The merger is done. While the company is taking on the Caesars name, the bottom line is that they are owned and ran by Eldorado Resorts. Out of Reno, Nevada. We feel this is a GOOD thing, and should have plenty more to say about that next issue.
Hope You Are Enjoying This Issue!
“Masters of Illusion” on The CW showcases some of the best that magic has to offer all around the world, and it even features some notable Las Vegas magicians. Murray Sawchuck will be featured in the show’s seventh season. He joined us to talk about the experience.
Earlier this year, the $100 million, 25,000-square-foot, 600-seat Bacchanal Buffet filed paperwork for a remodel that included updates to the food line with an estimated construction budget of $2.4 million for the makeover. The renovation at the buffet at Caesars Palace focuses on a 2,120-square-foot area, and the changes will affect the existing food counters, service equipment, and the ceiling and floor finishes.
- Three Highly Anticipated Restaurants Debut On The Strip
- Las Vegas’ 4 Favorite Spots to Indulge in Seafood
- New $10 million steakhouse at Flamingo Las Vegas opens
- 20 Recent Restaurant Reopenings to Know in Las Vegas – Get excited that Spago, Momofuku, and Restaurant Guy Savoy are back in business
- Why Las Vegas Buffets Still Offer An ‘Amazing Experience’
- The Flamingo Reveals Its Vintage Steakhouse, an Ode to Old School Las Vegas
- Dick’s Last Resort Coming to Neonopolis On Fremont Street
- Takeout Stakeout – Carson Avenue in downtown Las Vegas – Worth brining back to your Fremont Street hotel room
- Self-Guided Downtown Las Vegas Food Tour Now Open
- Outdoor Dining in Las Vegas – Plenty Of Great Options On Strip and Downtown
The parent company of the Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas Boulevard and Tropicana announced Tuesday that the hotel would be reopening on September 1st.
- Three Station Casinos Properties To Remain Closed Indefinitely
- Circa’s $999 Room Rates for New Year’s Eve Tower Above Others in Las Vegas
- The Top 10 City Hotels in Las Vegas
- Wynn Takes Top Honors in Travel + Leisure Inaugural Las Vegas List
- Resorts World Las Vegas Signiture Sign Now Tops Hotel
- Casino Royale Las Vegas Loses Table Games, Gains Photo Op
- Hard Rock International Rights Purchase Opens Door to Las Vegas Resort Acquisition
- A Running List of Party Pools That Reopened as Adults-Only Experiences in Las Vegas
- Sign Goes Up On Circa Resort Downtown Las Vegas
- Venetian Resort in Las Vegas offering free night stay to frontline ‘community heroes’
Vegas visitors are flocking to the Strip on the weekends for some semblance of a summer vacation. Everyone knows not to expect concerts, sporting events, production shows and wild nights at the club. A trip to Vegas right now is built around gambling, eating, drinking, shopping and spending lots of time at the pool.
- Houseboating on Lake Mead In Las Vegas – A Perfect Way To Spend A Day
- 9 Spectacular Hikes In Nevada – Many Close To Las Vegas
- Baker, California – Home of the World’s Tallest Thermometer
- Neon Museum in Las Vegas Launches 360 Virtual Tour
- Destination Nevada Hits the Road to Visit Red Rock Canyon – 30 Minutes from Vegas Strip
- Destination Nevada: Exploring the History of Las Vegas’ Organized Crime During a Tour of The Mob Museum
- 15 Free Things You Can Do in Vegas
- VIDEO – Destination Nevada: Valley of Fire
- Enjoy Spanish Trail Horseback Ride and Lunch
- See The Mob Museum – Las Vegas Immersive Attraction
The world-famous, blue ribbon team of sleuths from the Five Hundy Investigative Center have been at it again. After holing up in a suburban Twin Cities underground lair for the past two weeks, our crew got their grubby little hands on yet another treasure trove of as-yet-unannounced Circa Resort & Casino details and renderings. This time around, let’s look at what’s in store for bars.
When Las Vegas sportsbooks reopened Thursday, Mark DeRosa had no problem keeping his distance from others. The professional sports bettor joked on Twitter that the oversized 6-foot check presented to him by Circa sportsbook director Matthew Metcalf was “perfect for social distancing.”
- Las Vegas Casinos Could Ditch Cash Amid Coronavirus Fears
- Cashless Gaming on its way to Las Vegas Casinos
- Probe Opened as Las Vegas Bettors Exploit Error in International Baseball Bets
- Bellagio sportsbook error may be largest past post loss in Vegas history
- Derek Stevens Wagers to Make $3 Million at SuperBook
- Virtual Wallets and More: Here’s How Las Vegas is Gambling During The COVID-19 Era
- Top family-friendly casinos in the US
- What makes a great Casino Host – Nick Ippolito a.k.a. “The Host Whisperer” Interview
- Lucky gambler wins $320,000 on Pinball machine at Cosmopolitan
- COVID-19 Hasn’t Stopped Las Vegas Push For MLS Franchise
- Raiders Release Video Showing Coaches Entering Las Vegas Facility For The First Time
- Pro Bowl Coming to Las Vegas in 2021 – Biggest Plans Ever
- Stunnnig Raiders’ Henderson Facility Officially Open to Football Staff
- Raiders Show Off Their New $75 Million Practice Facility in Nevada and Here’s What it Looks Like
- Bellagio bettor makes 6 $100K wagers on UFC, loses $300K
- Travel concerns might give Las Vegas second PGA Tour stop
- Randall Cunningham joins Las Vegas Raiders as team chaplain
Casino mogul Steve Wynn’s mansion is on the market for $25 million. On the fairways of the private TPC Summerlin golf club, the double-gated 13,500-square-foot house at 1717 Enclave Court sits on a manor-line stretch known as “Billionaire’s Row.”
- Foxtail by Pulte Homes Now Open In Village Of Stonebridge At Summerlin
- Las Vegas Homebuilders Focus on Affordability
- Lake Las Vegas Home Lists for Nearly $6M
- S. Nevada Shines In New 1st Time Home Buyer Study – One City Tops List as Best Place For First-Time Buyers
- Southern Nevada Home Prices Hit Record High
- New luxury Southern Highlands Las Home Lists for $3M
- South Square Village Offers Ultimate Convenience In Summerlin Las Vegas Living
- COVID-19 Pushes Chicago Couple to Make the Move to Las Vegas
- Former NBA player Jordan Farmar builds home in Vegas
- Las Vegas’ Anthem Country Club home caters to family-friendly lifestyle
- COO of Skechers buys Las Vegas penthouse at Turnberry Place for $3.7M
- Summerlin Las Vegas Showcases The Cliffs
- Las Vegas Luxury high-rise condo for rent at $10K per month
- Live large in Summerlin Las Vegas condo or town home
Airlines serving McCarran Airport are increasing their flight schedules in response to a sustained passenger demand anticipated in the coming months, according to the airport and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority.
- Dealer’s Choice – Check Out the Cast of Las Vegas Then and Now
- Hawaiian Airlines to Resume Some Flights to U.S. Mainland, Including Las Vegas
- Nevada Governor’s Mask Mandate Prompts Push To ‘Live Free’
- Airlines and Gamblers Return to Las Vegas; others Struggle
- Can You Smoke a Cigar With a Mask On? How Vegas Lounges Are Adjusting to Covid-19 Restrictions
- California clears I-15 passage for Las Vegas-to-SoCal train
- Tourists share safety observations while visiting the Las Vegas strip
- Crowds slowly growing as Vegas reopens – Precautions don’t dampen the spirits for businesses
- Elvis leads Las Vegas’ Masked Message During Pandemic
- Coronavirus Puts Halt to Monorail Stops at MSG Sphere, Mandalay Bay
- Las Vegas South Strip projects delayed but still happening – Including Pinball Hall Of Fame
- Half of Nevada jobs lost due to COVID-19 have returned
- Statue of Liberty on Las Vegas Strip fitted with her own face mask
- 17 Reasons Why Vegas Is Unlike Anywhere on Earth
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) In this video I wanted to give a full review of every restaurant we ate at and every cocktail I tried! I felt a full trip worth of food and drink would be a helpful guide for people to see what Vegas food is like, for both high end foodies and budget conscious travelers.
(Producers Notes) For my wife’s birthday this weekend, I treated her to a few nights at the Cosmopolitan Resort in a one-bedroom terrace with a fountain view. Here is a walkthrough of that suite.
(Producers Notes) Let’s see what’s for brunch at the Wicked Spoon Buffet at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
(Producers Notes) Your last night in Vegas… Should you hit up a nice buffet or go to a steakhouse? This is the question we’re going to answer. Gourmet Dinner Buffet at the Wynn versus Oscar’s Steakhouse at the Plaza. Gloves on, let’s do this!
VIP Grand Canyon Skywalk Tour via helicopter trip to and from the Skywalk. Stunning views! Expedited and exclusive arrangements available.
The Righteous Brothers Tickets
Save $20 Off!
Promo Code 20AF Required
Save up to 35% Off!
Promo Code CHAT2 Required
WOW-The Vegas Spectacular Tickets
Get 25% Off Preferred Seating!
Promo Code: WOWAFF Required
Menopause The Musical Tickets
Save $20 off all VIP & Premium Seating!
Promo Code MMC20 Required
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets
Get $20 Off!
Promo Code AFF25 Required
Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club Tickets
Save up to $20 Off!
Promo Code JKAFF Required
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].