For Players Who Want to WIN!
Our Gaming Editor – and Author – “Vegas Vic” – Victor H Royer – has written a new book: “Casino Poker.”
With the World Series of Poker just recently completed here in Las Vegas, maybe next year is your turn! And with this book, you will certainly have a better chance than most.
We asked Vic about this book, and here’s what he had to say:
“Cash is King – and with this book, you too can haul in the Cash, and laugh all the way to the Bank!
In Poker – and Texas Hold ’em especially – knowing how and when to play some of the best hands is a key requirement. Because – while they may be statistically the “best” hands – they don’t always win. And that’s because Poker is much more than just cards! It’s People!
A battle of wits, of knowledge, of experience, skills, observation, and just plain old Chutzpa!
But there’s a lot more to this game than just this. Especially for Texas Hold ’em.
While the game looks simple – and is relatively easy to learn – it’s apparent simplicity belies a true complexity of decisions and outcomes. And just knowing the Odds is not enough.
Math alone will not help you to Win. It’s a useful tool, of course, but Odds, Implied Odds, Pot Odds, and so on, are just a part of the overall arsenal that a good and successful poker player must have.
In the end – Poker is a game of people – and that means that a “hunch”, or an “observation”, or a “tell” are just as important – if not more so – than knowing the math behind the game and all it’s Odds.
In this book, you’ll find the tools and skills you need to make you a Winner! And that’s great for any game! And for your bankroll!” The printed version of this book can be found at this link:
The eBook version can be found at this link:
Ten years ago my children and I went on a Vegas trip together. The highlight of that trip for us was our plans to go see Celine Dion perform at the Colosseum. Being Canadians, we are all huge fans of Celine, and we were very excited to see her live. We made it all the way to the Colosseum steps before we were stopped by the theater staff and informed that she was ill and there would be no performance.
Wolfgang Puck’s legendary flagship restaurant Spago, recognized for igniting Las Vegas’s dining scene into a culinary epicenter, will open its doors at Bellagio Resort & Casino in spring 2018. Marking 25 years since the fine-dining phenomenon debuted in Las Vegas, Puck’s now revolutionary restaurant heralded the era of celebrity chefs and haute cuisine that continues to define the city’s restaurant scene today.
- Raise A Pint At These 7 Las Vegas Beer Bars
- Dining Review: NOVE Italiano at the Palms Las Vegas
- Park on Fremont is Worth a Shot
With dancing fountains, a thundering volcano, a pyramid-shaped flashlight and singing gondoliers, Las Vegas Boulevard could be the most happening street in the West. “The Strip,” as it’s known worldwide, is the main drag through Sin City, the former truck stop which grew into one of the most popular cities in the country.
A visitor from Southern California hit an $11.8 million Nevada Megabucks jackpot Tuesday night at the Fremont Hotel and Casino in downtown Las Vegas. Rodolfo T. hit the jackpot on the International Game Technology machine about 6:30 p.m. He made a max-bet wager of $3 on the Megabucks Double 3X4X5X Pay game to win the largest jackpot awarded on the Megabucks theme this year.
- Fontainebleau’s Future Uncertain As Sale Rumors Persist
- Is Las Vegas A Good Place To Raise A Family?
- How We Stack Up: Financial Experts Weigh In On Las Vegas’ Recovery
- Family-Friendly Sin City: What Does Las Vegas Have For Kids?
- Two Wynn Properties On Las Vegas Strip Begin Charging For Parking
- Heated Debate Over Adult Shops On Las Vegas Boulevard
Hello From Las Vegas! – Newkirk’s Notes and Members Mania is now part of our AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage, where we guarantee to answer premium subscribers questions professionally and share the help with fellow premium subscribers.
This and many other benefits are available to our Insiders Advantage subscribers. Please click here to view all benefits, including access to our exclusive “no coupon needed” Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet, which we guarantee will save you the cost of the membership.
(These are simply the latest which have been added to our list of hundreds of specials)!
Why don’t you come on over and join us!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
Take a tour of the most lauded Las Vegas buffet, and decide if you feel it is worth the price!
Horseback Riding Trail Tour at Bonnie Springs Ranch. Just out side Las Vegas is “Old Nevada” Bonnie Springs, one of the original stagecoach stops on the old Spanish Trail. This old west town has a zoo, wild west show (weekends), motel, and a restaurant/bar.
Take a tour of The Strip from days gone by, and see how much it has changed!
Vegas Sunrise Hot Air Balloon ride. Unforgettable views and memories. An experience your friends can’t top!
Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon Tour: Soar over the desert at 60 mph seeing scenic wildlife from ziplines.
Western Sunset Horseback + BBQ Dinner Ride through stunning scenery surrounding Vegas. Truly experience the west!
Just 45 minutes from The Strip, the wild west lives with majestic views on a breakfast horseback ride!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Cake – October 5 Click for Tickets
- Bob Dylan & His Band – October 14 Click for Tickets
- Flying Lotus – October 26 Click for Tickets
- Joe Walsh – November 16-19 Click for Tickets
- So You Think You Can Dance? – November 17 Click for Tickets
Valid at Caesars Palace, Paris Las Vegas, Planet Hollywood, Bally’s, Harrah’s, Rio, The LINQ, The Cromwell, Flamingo. Blackout dates may apply. Must be 21 years or older to book. Not valid with any other offer. Offer subject to change at anytime.
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets – Save $25
Magic Mike Live
Click Now For Discounted Tickets!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week: Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].