Las Vegas Attractions
Newkirk’s Notes: The Boss Speaks…
Newkirk’s Notes are comments and insight from AccessVegas.Com publisher and 20+ year Las Vegas resident Ted Newkirk:
Hello From Las Vegas! – Newkirk’s Notes is now part of our is now part of our AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage. Click the link to learn all about how you can get our super-exclusive “no coupon needed” list of Las Vegas casino food and drink specials, professional answers to your Vegas questions, and the inside scoop on Las Vegas from me and my staff.
Associate Editor / News Researcher: Rick Ziegler
Concerts, Headliners, Special Events: Puneet Adobe
Hot Hotel Happenings- Save Big Now!
- Palms Casino Resort – Stay 4 nights and get 25% off your stay. Stay More, Save More – Play, Dine & Dance a little more… on us.
- Save up to 15% Off at Harrahs Palace Las Vegas
- The Quad – Best Rate Guarantee – Rates low as $30 a night, Center Strip right at LINQ!
- Special Offers at The Palms – Entertainment Packages and Resort Packages
Save Big As A Premium AccessVegas.com Insider!
You’re enjoying our complimentary Insider Vibe Newsletter. Did you know we offer more? More Vegas Savings? More Vegas Help? More Vegas Advantage?
Join Our Premium Insider Advantage Club!
For about the price of a cup of coffee each month, you have full access to:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet (list) of hundreds of “No Coupon Needed” Vegas casino food and drink specials. Want a sample? See just a few of the deals we’ve added in the past week: Hot New Vegas Food/Drink Specials Just Added
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer. (Some restrictions apply).
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from.
- The True Inside Scoop - AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money!
This Week’s Top Tours
Featured Tour Video From Las Vegas
If this looks like fun, you need to add this adventure to your Las Vegas itinerary! Just north of Las Vegas, the stunning Valley Of Fire sits ready to enjoy. Starting around $220 per person (about what you’d lose gambling and spend on shopping, beer, and lunch for the day anyway), you and up to 6 friends will be picked up at your hotel, taken to the Valley Of Fire, get 3.5 hours of dune buggy time over this awesome desert terrain, and lunch and bottled water are included. Then, transport back to your hotel where you can shower up for your night on the town.
For more details, click over to our Valley Of Fire Buggy Tour
ALL tours listed on our AccessVegas.com tour page (link above) have been hand-selected. We only work with the top, most professional companies and operators who vow to give our readers a great experience! We can not recommend nor vouch for tours not listed on here in the newsletter or on our tour page. Questions? Our tour page lists phone contacts where tour experts are available for live help!
Shows, Concerts, And Headliners
Caesars Entertainment and AEG Live have announced that ELTON JOHN will extend his original three year contract at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace and will return with his critically acclaimed show, “The Million Dollar Piano,” for three more years.
World-renowned singer, songwriter and performer Elton John made a triumphant return to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace with his all new show, “The Million Dollar Piano” in Sept. 2011. At the centerpiece of the performance is the show’s namesake piano, an engineering marvel featuring more than 68 LED video screens created by Yamaha.
Elton John: Million Dollar Piano
Don’t Miss These Additional Stories:
- Boyz II Men: Do new albums from Vegas stars still matter? Book Boyz II Men Las Vegas Tickets Now
Las Vegas To Celebrate The Huge Success Britney Spears By Presenting Her With The Key To The Las Vegas Strip Book Britney Spears Las Vegas Tickets Now
Las Vegas Tours And Attractions
The High Roller at The LINQ Promenade – the world’s tallest observation wheel standing at 550 feet – is now extending the widely popular Happy Half Hour to seven days a week. Happy Half Hour rides are available to adults 21 years of age and older and include a 30-minute ride in one of our fully air-conditioned Happy Hour cabins complete with an open bar.
Once again, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas transforms the Boulevard Pool into a winter wonderland, The Ice Rink. Featuring falling snow, ice skating, fire pits and a collection of favorite winter cocktails and seasonal food offerings, the intimate lodge experience returns high above Las Vegas Boulevard on Friday, Nov. 21.
Don’t Miss These Additional Stories:
Eating In Las Vegas
Having already successfully launched lunch and dinner, Emmy Award-winning celebrity chef and New York Times best-selling author Giada De Laurentiis is proud to introduce breakfast at her first and only restaurant, GIADA.
Adding her unique spin on breakfast, De Laurentiis is introducing eight breakfast menu items, some fans may recognize, as well as unique fresh pressed juices. Both the breakfast and lunch menus will be available from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily.
Don’t Miss These Additional Stories:
- Review: L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand
Beijing Noodle No. 9 at Caesars gives diners a taste of another world
For 15 years, Aureole has gathered its palette from best of land and sea
Review: Sirio Ristorante at Aria
A Taste of the Local: The Downtown 3rd Farmers Market
Drinking In Las Vegas
Cabo Wabo Cantina inside Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, will recognize Veterans Day with a buy-one, get-one-free drink special exclusively for the holiday on Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Sammy Hagar’s hard-rocking restaurant will invite all veterans and active-duty service members with valid military ID to double-up on the full menu of island-inspired cocktails such as Sammy’s Toasted Colada and the Maui Rocker, or frosty brews from the cantina’s wide selection of Mexican beers. Restrictions may apply.
Guests may toast to cooler weather with fall-inspired cocktails including Bacon Me Crazy, made with bacon-infused Milagro Reposado, poached pear and vanilla bean infused bianco and a fresh lime; the Xocolate, made with Casamigos Reposado, Grand Marnier, Carpano Antica and Mole bitters with a sugar, cinnamon, Cayenne pepper and dark cocoa rim garnished with an orange twist; and the Vampire Bite, made exclusively for Halloween and Dia de los Muertos, made with Grey Goose, Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Patron Cafe XO Dark Cocoa and garnished with two Luxardo cherries.
Don’t Miss These Additional Stories:
More Las Vegas News
- The 21 worst questions to ask your flight attendant
Nevada marked by 150 years of murder and mayhem
Caesars Entertainment Receives LEED Certifications For New Developments
Latest Concerts Added This Week!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Rita Rudner November 12-29 (various dates) Click for Tickets
- Whoopi Goldberg November 14 Click for Tickets
- Gladys Knight November 29 Click for Tickets
- Rita Rudner December 3 Click for Tickets
- Not So Silent Night: Train & Better Than Ezra December 5 Click for Tickets
- Holiday Havoc December 12 Click for Tickets
- Rita Rudner December 27 Click for Tickets
- Ricardo Arjona March 15 Click for Tickets
- Sixx:A.M. & Apocalyptica April 10 Click for Tickets
- The Who September 19 Click for Tickets
Las Vegas Holidays And Events
Top Tickets For United States Events
Did you know that we not only sell premium concert and event tickets for Las Vegas, but also for the entire United States as well? If you can’t make it to Vegas, treat yourself to some great seats for something near you:
- Super Bowl XLIX Tickets
- NFL Tickets
- - Denver Broncos Tickets
- - Dallas Cowboys Tickets
- - Seattle Seahawks Tickets
- - New Orleans Saints Tickets
- - Green Bay Packers Tickets
- - New York Giants Tickets
- NHL Tickets
- - Chicago Blackhawks Tickets
- - Pittsburgh Penguins Ticket
- - Detroit Red Wings Tickets
- NBA Tickets
- - Los Angeles Lakers Tickets
- – Chicago Bulls Tickets
- - New York Knicks Tickets
- World Series Tickets
What We’re Watching!
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
- Videos Of Las Vegas In 1990 – This will take you to a three video series featuring downtown Fremont Street and the Las Vegas strip from nearly 25 years ago.Those who remember how it was will enjoy a walk down memory lane and those of you more recent Vegas converts should enjoy seeing what Fremont Street was like without the canopy and Slotzilla, and what The Strip was like when it was full of neon and a lot more walkable. Features many of the casinos that are no longer with us.
Members Mania is now part of our AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage, where we guarantee to answer premium subscribers questions professionally and share the help with fellow premium subscribers. This and many other benefits are available to our Insiders Advantage subscribers. Please click here to view all benefits, including access to our exclusive Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet, which we guarantee will save you the cost of the membership!
We love to hear from you, and value your feedback!
Here’s how to participate:
- Want to comment on a current reader post? Use the comment box on that particular web page. Many of the stories we post also have comment boxes at the end of the story. Make your voice heard!
- Drop us an email at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com – We read them all!
- Call our recorded comment line at 702-507-0055. We listen to every call.
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
RSS Feed - We now have an RSS/XML feed! Most RSS programs let you visit AccessVegas.com and automatically pull the feed. For those who want to enter it manually, the feed is:
Share the info: Click to Email this newsletter to a friend!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at AccessVegas@AccessVegas.com
New to the list? See our Newsletter Archives for back issues and subscription info. Don’t hesitate to forward this newsletter to friends and associates.
All contents copyright 2014 Ted Newkirk. All Rights Reserved.
Hotel Rates Published Accurate At Time Of Publication